Since its founding in 2011, CXPA has evolved from a small, start-up association of 60 members in Boston, Massachusetts, to a global organization with more than 4,000 members in 70 countries. This pace and level of growth, as one might imagine, requires continuous adjusting to our organizational and service delivery structure to ensure what we do provides members with the experience and value they expect.
As CXPA has grown, the Board of Directors has worked to help CXPA “stay true to our values.” As a small organization, these values were imbued in the team we selected and inherited from our co-founders, Jeanne Bliss and Bruce Temkin. But with the growth of our community, the Board of Directors recently realized it was time to explicitly examine, test, and codify the CXPA community core values. In 2017, more than 100 CXPA members started that process with the Board of Directors. In 2018, CXPA’s new core values were unveiled and shared with the membership.
CXPA Core Values
The core values are designed to give our member-to-member association a context for how we will approach our growth and work in the future. Here are the three core values and what those values will mean to how we make decisions.
- Connected: Strength in Diversity
- We have a culture of inclusivity and belonging, where everyone is welcomed.
- We encourage, seek out and embrace diverse perspectives and approaches.
- We have an unquenchable thirst to learn, paired with a passion to share our expertise to help one another grow professionally and personally.
- Authentic: Excellence from Inside
- Authenticity matters. Be who you are and contribute what you can.
- We act with integrity and hold one another accountable.
- We build trust by being trustworthy, genuine, respectful, and kind.
- Be a Champion: Passion Fuels Growth
- We are member-led and member-focused.
- We prioritize work and relationships that positively advance the mission.
- We strive to inspire others by sharing and learning together.
- We actively contribute to the thought leadership and innovation of the CX profession.
- We are tireless advocates for customer experiences that improve people’s lives.
As CXPA has grown, the Board and staff have worked hard to build a solid foundation for the association, including key personnel, processes, technology, and priority setting to support our members. As our work and profession continues to develop, we will continue to raise the bar, build awareness of the value of CX, and create new and better ways to help one another succeed. We will ground our work in our core values.