Do you want to help shape the future of CX and CXPA?
CXPA is a “by members, for members” association, governed by a Board of Directors comprised of up to 15 CXPA members. These CXPA advocates work together and with CXPA’s Chief Executive Officer to ensure that the association is pursuing objectives that provide you value. Each year a portion of the Board completes service, and new Directors are elected by you, the membership. This article provides information on the upcoming election process for the CXPA 2020 Board of Directors.
The Board has affirmed there are currently four openings on the board. We will issue the full slate when elections are due. The Nominating Committee is seeking to identify up to four candidates for service. The candidates must be CXPA members in good standing. CXPA has committed to prioritizing support for local CXPA Networks, operating as a global organization, and improving the resources available to CX practitioners. (For more about our priorities and for a sneak peek at our recent Board planning meeting, watch this video
.) Therefore, the following Board applicant characteristics have been identified as desirable to help CXPA achieve its multi-year objectives:
- Experience and engagement in the CXPA community outside of the United States
- Experience running a CXPA network or other significant CXPA volunteer experience
- Current employment as a CX practitioner
- Brand and personal reputation
- Employer commitment to CX (e.g., CXPA corporate member)
- Active and maintained status as a Certified Customer Experience Professional
For those considering Board service, please note that Board service entails the following expectations:
- Initial board appointment is for a two-year term.
- Board members must attend 75% of Board meetings in a 12-month period. (The Board currently meets monthly by video conference, plus one two-day in-person September meeting in Minneapolis. Board members must attend at least one in-person CXPA board meeting or conference during the two-year term.)
- Board members are responsible for the time, travel and participation costs associated with service.
- Additionally, Board members are expected to assist in assignments as needed to complete the work of the Board and support the activities of the CXPA.
In addition to background information, applicants will be asked to respond to four open-ended questions:
- How do you support and advocate for the CXPA?
- How have you been engaged in the CXPA and CX community?
- How will your skills, experience and/or connections help CXPA achieve its goals?
- What is your vision for your role on the CXPA Board?
The application period is now open and will be open for a minimum of ten days; all completed applications must be received by November 8th. The Nominating Committee will review all eligible submitted applications, considering both the application information and potential Board composition (e.g., International Representation, balance of Individual and Corporate members; Mix of Practitioners and Providers; Gender balance on the Board, etc.) to propose a slate of nominees to the Board of Directors for its approval and submission to all Members for a vote. Voting will take place by email for a minimum ten-day period, slated for November 22nd – December 6th. The results are expected to be announced by December 13th.
Service on the CXPA Board of Directors is a significant responsibility, but also has significant benefits:
Our 2020 application period is now closed.
- Participation in conversations to keep abreast of the latest CX developments and shape the future of the CX discipline;
- Recognition in the CX Community as a CX and CXPA leader;
- Further development of your professional network and connections; and
- The satisfaction of a job well-done as part of the best leadership team in CX
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact 2019 CXPA Chair, Bob Azman, CCXP or CXPA CEO Greg Melia, CAE (firstname.lastname@example.org